Attorney Nathan Werksman’s Experience:
As a trial attorney at Merson Law PLLC, Nathan Werksman fights for the injured and wronged in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death litigation and is a leader in the New York legal community. His work on behalf of injured New Yorkers has been featured on Good Morning America and Eyewitness News ABC 7 New York and in The New York Times, The New York Post, and Rolling Stone Magazine.
Mr. Werksman has recovered in excess of $100 million dollars in settlements and verdicts for his clients in New York and California. One of his trial verdicts was featured on the popular podcast Great Trials Podcast.
In the last 4 years, Mr. Werksman has had 5 trial victories (including one of the first post-COVID jury trials) and numerous seven figure settlements, including:
- $31,625,000 settlement in a products liability case against a national water distributor for burns to a minor
- $12,450,000 settlement for a victim of negligent driving
- $7,500,000 settlement in a wrongful death case against a school district
- $7,300,000 settlement for a child who was struck by a negligently-maintained tree
- $5,000,000 settlement for a victim of Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell
- $2,900,000 settlement for medical malpractice which resulted in kidney failure
- $1,300,000 settlement in a products liability case for injuries to a child caused by an in-home exercise device.
Nathan is very involved in the New York legal community and in making New York a more just place for the injured. He is on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, is the Chair of the Products Liability Committee at the New York City Bar Association, and is on the Executive Committee of the UJA’s Young Lawyers Division.
Prior to joining Merson Law, Mr. Werksman worked at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP and clerked at Kirkland & Ellis in Los Angeles.
Mr. Werksman obtained his law degree from Stanford Law School where he founded and served as president of the Stanford Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Association. While at Stanford, he also served as co-president of the American Constitution Society (ACS), and earned prizes for achieving the highest marks in several classes.
Mr. Werksman completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Pennsylvania, where he graduated summa cum laude double majoring in History and Spanish.
Nathan is very involved in the New York legal community and in making New York a more just place for the injured. He is on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, is the Incoming Chair of the Products Liability Committee at the New York City Bar Association, and is on the Executive Committee of the UJA’s Young Lawyers Division.
Fluent in Spanish, Mr. Werksman is admitted to practice law in New York, California, and Nevada. He lives with his wife and son Hugo in Brooklyn.
Lawyer Nathan Werksman In The Media
May 10, 2022: Great Trials Podcast interview – Nathan Werksman and Jon Davidi
Some error has occured.
In Nathan’s own words:
Nothing is more rewarding than fighting – and winning – on behalf of my clients.
Medical malpractice, sexual abuse, complex personal injury, products liability and mass tort litigation in New York, California and Nevada.
Nathan Werksman’s Education:
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2018
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2013 (summa cum laude)