New York's Best Personal Injury Lawyers
Get New York City's Top Personal Injury Lawyers Working For You.
100% No Cost To You Unless We Win.
As New York City's top personal injury lawyers, we fight hard to help people like you get justice and compensation for serious and catastrophic cases of personal injury.
A personal injury lawsuit can be very complex. Add that to the complex lifestyle of the average New Yorker in a dynamic city like New York, and you quickly come to the conclusion that the best success in New York City personal injury cases may only be assured through highly skilled and dedicated advocacy and legal representation, just like what we offer you here at Merson Law.
Merson Law’s New York city (NYC) personal injury attorneys have successfully represented clients with all types of cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
We are intimately familiar with work injuries and construction site accidents, car accidents, medical negligence, slip and fall cases, dangerous property conditions, defective drugs or medical devices and so much more.
We offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. You will owe no attorney’s fees unless and until we succeed in recovering compensation for you.
Our NYC attorneys, paralegals and assistants will work hard to obtain maximum recovery for you. We will prepare your case to obtain maximum recovery whether through settlement or trial and we will not be satisfied until you are. We are confident that your relationship with us will be productive and worthwhile.
Personal injury includes bodily injury. However, it also includes the emotional distress and mental anguish experienced because of the accident. Personal injury also includes the physical pain and suffering you experience because of the bodily injuries.
How can Merson Law help you?
A personal injury lawsuit can award you with financial compensation to pay for medical treatment, physical therapy, lifestyle changes, and more. It can also compensate you for your emotional turmoil and suffering.
And while a lawsuit may sound like the last thing you’d want to do after experiencing such a devastating event, it may be the best path forward for healing, recovery, and justice. Let us do the work and fight for you. Send us a message below to get started with your personal injury claim.
You Deserve Justice. Get The Best Representation.
Who is Merson Law?
Merson Law was founded by one of New York’s most prominent and recognized personal injury lawyers, Jordan Koel Merson.
Over his law career, Mr. Merson has built a stellar reputation representing birth injury law clients in New York who have suffered catastrophic injuries through no fault of their own. He has built a strong team of caring but aggressive birth injury lawyers at Merson Law; a team which has extensive experience litigating birth injury medical malpractice cases valued in excess of $1 million and much of their background includes prosecuting cases that have resolved for more than $10 million.
Here are some of the birth injury law cases litigated by Jordan Merson and the lawyers of Merson Law*:
- $17 million for failure to timely perform c-section on baby
- $14.8 million for baby brain damaged when c-section was delayed
- $14.4 million for Queens family whose child suffered brain damage
- $11.3 million jury verdict for brain damage child
- $11 million for Brooklyn woman who had untreated post-delivery bleeding
- $5.5 million for Erb’s Palsy
*Please note that past results do not guarantee similar outcome
Mr. Merson was honored to be included in New York Law Journal’s first ever “Hall of Fame” for medical malpractice verdicts and settlements.
When New York Magazine published its top verdicts in 2014, Mr. Merson was included on that list, as well.
In fact, Mr. Merson has had the largest single-plaintiff medical malpractice verdict in Westchester County for at least a five year period and he had the largest verdict in Westchester County for any type of case in 2014 — an $11.3 million verdict after the defendant that proceeded to trial refused to offer any money to settle the case.
Mr. Merson was also named in Super Lawyers and he has been quoted by the national and local media, including USA Today, the New York Law Journal and the Daily News.
What You Need to Know about Personal Injury Law
What is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer specializes in providing legal representation to individuals who have been physically or psychologically injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, government entity, or organization. Personal injury lawyers have extensive knowledge and experience in the area of tort law, which covers civil wrongs and injuries caused by negligence.
The primary goal of a personal injury lawyer is to advocate for their clients’ rights and help them seek compensation for their losses and damages resulting from the injury. They work diligently to build a strong case by gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, consulting with experts, and assessing the extent of their clients’ injuries and related financial, emotional, and physical effects.
How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer that’s Right for You
It’s important to trust your instincts when selecting a personal injury lawyer. Choose someone who instills confidence, demonstrates professionalism, and genuinely cares about your well-being and the outcome of your case. You should also consider the payment model a lawyer uses – some lawyers charge hourly, though other lawyers, us included, work on a contingency basis. This means we only receive payment if we win your case.
When choosing a personal injury lawyer, you should also verify the lawyer’s credentials, such as their education, licenses, and memberships in professional organizations. Check if they have any disciplinary actions or complaints filed against them. Look for accolades or recognition from legal associations, as these can indicate a lawyer’s reputation and dedication to their field.
Read more about our story, credentials, and experience – we think you’ll find us to be a great fit for your personal injury needs.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
How a Personal Injury Lawsuit Works
Personal injury laws (also known as tort laws) exist to protect you if you are injured due to someone else’s actions.
Within personal injury law is the subset of medical malpractice law. Medical malpractice encompasses personal injury cases that are the result of the actions of a doctor, technician, nurse, dentist, or any other medical professional.
Here’s a general overview of how a personal injury lawsuit typically works:
- Consultation with an attorney: The first step is to consult with a personal injury attorney who specializes in this area of law. They will evaluate your case, assess the strength of your claim, and advise you on the legal options available to you.
- Investigation: If you decide to move forward with a lawsuit, your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injury. This may involve gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, reviewing medical records, and consulting with experts if necessary.
- Filing the complaint: Your attorney will draft a legal document called a complaint or petition, which outlines the details of your case, including the injuries you have suffered, the negligent actions of the defendant, and the compensation you are seeking. The complaint is then filed with the appropriate court and served to the defendant.
- Discovery: Both parties engage in the discovery process, where they exchange information and evidence relevant to the case. This may include written questions (interrogatories), document requests, depositions, and other forms of evidence gathering.
- Settlement negotiations: Before going to trial, there is often an opportunity for settlement negotiations. Your attorney, along with the defendant’s attorney and insurance representatives, may engage in discussions to reach a settlement agreement. If a fair settlement is reached, the case can be resolved without going to trial.
- Trial: If a settlement cannot be reached, the case proceeds to trial. During the trial, both sides present their arguments, evidence, and witness testimonies to the judge or jury. The judge or jury then determines whether the defendant is liable for the injuries and, if so, the amount of compensation to be awarded.
- Appeal: After a trial, either party may have the option to appeal the court’s decision if they believe there were legal errors or other grounds for appeal. The appeals process can extend the duration of the case.
Get Free Case Evaluation
At Merson Law, we provide a 100% free, no cost-to-you, personal injury law case evaluation.
If your case is a medical malpractice case, we do this in cooperation with a professional medical team, including a fully licensed doctor.
Have your personal injury case reviewed by our team today.