Days after fleeing one of the deadliest fires in city history, tenants of the Bronx building are now confronting a pair of grim realities: return to a fire-battered apartment building or remain in shelter, uncertain of what comes next.
The lawyers at Merson Law are committed to fighting for the Bronx apartment fire victims’ rights. The Lawyers at Merson Law can help you file a personal injury or wrongful death claim on behalf of your loved ones. We will guide you through each step of the process, giving you the crucial support you need in this time of loss, to help you move forward.
New York building safety codes require apartment owners to take specific measures to keep tenants safe. The State has also put measures in place to hold landlords accountable for dangerous conditions.
The 19-story Twin Parks North West apartment complex was built in 1972. If a building this old is not maintained on a regular basis, it could become extremely dangerous to occupy. During a lawsuit, your lawyer will need to prove that building negligence caused or contributed to the fire.
As your attorney, Merson Law may take these steps to prove negligence if you file a Bronx apartment fire lawsuit:
- Filing documents to make sure the evidence is preserved
- Identifying and interviewing witnesses to this horrible tragedy
- Conducting independent investigations to make sure the truth is uncovered
- Identifying safety violations that may have led to this Bronx Apartment Fire
- Bringing in expert witnesses offering professional statements related to such situations
- Identifying all liable parties so that all who were responsible pay for the negligence